Washington DC Youth Tour
Youth Tour replaced with Scholarship Contest
Montana’s electric cooperatives have elected not to participate in The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) 2021 Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
However, the Youth Tour essay contest for 2021 will still go on, with the statewide winner receiving a $2,500 scholarship to a college or trade school. In addition Sun River Electric Cooperative will also offer a $1500 scholarship to its winner.
2021 Youth Tour Essay Scholarship Contest Rules:
The student must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2021. (Currently a sophomore or junior).
- Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
- The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by Sun River Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- The student must write an essay on the following topic: "How has reliable electricity benefited you and your community through the COVID-19 pandemic?"
- The essay must include a cover page with the student’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Submit the application and essay to Sun River Electric Cooperative by December 18, 2020.
If you have any questions, please call Ross at SREC, 406-467-2527.