2018 Washington DC Youth Tour set for June 9-15, 2018
An all-expense paid trip to our nation’s capital awaits one Sun River Electric Cooperative served teenager, if he/she enters and wins an essay contest sponsored by SREC. The winner will accompany other essay winners from all over the state from June 9-15, 2018. They will tour Washington, D.C., including our nation’s Capitol, memorials, monuments, and museums. Students also will have an opportunity to meet with the Montana Congressional Delegation, plus take an active role in learning about cooperatives and our national government. Go to our August Ripples to read about the 2017 winner's experience.
The contest rules are as follows:
- The student must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2018.
- Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
- The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by a rural electric cooperative that is a member of Sun River Electric Cooperative.
- The student must write an essay on the following topic “Electric cooperatives offer various opportunities to young people, such as scholarships, job shadowing, electrical safety programs and sponsorships. What are some innovative ways your electrical cooperative can connect with young people, especially with children and teens?”
- Essays must include a cover page with the student’s name, address, telephone number.
- Submit the essay to Sun River Electric Cooperative by Friday December 1, 2017.
For more information, contact Ross at SREC at 406-467-2526.